Mystery's Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery's Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Candy Boom

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nigec
Starter
Starter
nigec

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Candy Boom Empty
PostSubject: Candy Boom   Candy Boom I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:13 pm

Candy Boom is a short adventure game I made using TS for modeling and Awakening for the game engine

I had no idea what the game was going to be so everything is easy to find, I made it up as I went along lol, it started out just getting the DAZ character to move to way points and grew from there.

I plan to do something bigger if I can find someone to help with animated characters, I suck at them!

Right click for inventory, also the view turns, it will run on fairly slow PC's, we have a 2.
3ghz HP with a Intel 64meg video card and it ran ok,but you may have to turn of shadows in options

http://files.filefront.com/candyboom+v099rar/;13339874;/fileinfo.html

You can also play online although it does require an activeX plugin installing

http://www.nigecstudios.co.uk/awakening/candy.htm
Candy Boom Image111
Back to top Go down
Mystery's Games
Game Developer
Game Developer
Mystery's Games

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Candy Boom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Candy Boom   Candy Boom I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 11:06 pm

Hi Nige wave Great to see you again!
Aaah, that's a nice surprise, thanks for sharing your game Big Grin
I'm going to play it soon, and am very curious Smile

EDIT:
What's wrong with your links? They redirect to another URL, and there is says that the link has been removed due to being spam. Shocked
Aha, you have spaces in your links, maybe that's the reason. Okay, I have fixed your links Smile

EDIT2:
Finished the downloadable version Big Grin
Very nicely made little game! Cheer
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysterys-games.ch
nigec
Starter
Starter
nigec

Candy Boom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Candy Boom   Candy Boom I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 11:46 pm

aargh.. sorry about that, I copied the text from my site and I think it must of added some code it does some strange Java tricks, I usually check links but with me knowing it worked.. in theory lol, I never bothered to try, or look.... I'm male what do you expect LOL 3

Edit...
I'm glad you like it Big Grin , I'm really looking forward to doing something a lot bigger, the whole 3D engine evolved while doing Candy Boom, the roll over text was added after the game was done, hence why things like the rocket stand don't give the right responce, I'd have to go back and totally re do that part
Back to top Go down
Mystery's Games
Game Developer
Game Developer
Mystery's Games

Candy Boom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Candy Boom   Candy Boom I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 11:56 pm

Lol LOL 3
I've also been victim of copy-pasting a couple of times already tongue
I really enjoyed it Smile I only had a bit of troubles to find the hotspot to the bench, and to place the cup (the hotspot seemed to be a bit away from the correct spot).
I hope to see your next game soon Big Grin
Back to top Go down
nigec
Starter
Starter
nigec

Candy Boom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Candy Boom   Candy Boom I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:16 pm

The hotspots are un rendered cubes, I didn't realize at the time but the cursor detects hits below the cubes pivot point, so the upper part of the cube is ignored, the cursors hit point is the tip so it makes the hotspots register lower than I wanted Rolling Eyes
also if the cubes faces are the same size it makes things worse, its better if they are flattened, the bench and puddle aren't
The bench hotspots, it has three lol i resized to try and stop the text running off the screen but it still does and makes it a pain to find
In the next game I'll move the pivots to the top corner so it uses all of the hotspots area, Its all un none territory for me, the Awakening guy has been a great help, but on the whole it clicks together really well, it has a lot in common with flash so you can use the timeline animation to save a heap of coding Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Mystery's Games
Game Developer
Game Developer
Mystery's Games

Candy Boom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Candy Boom   Candy Boom I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:57 pm

Yes, this was exactly the feeling that I had, the hotspots being a bit too low. I guess we all learn a lot from game to game, how to use the software better, how to make the game more player-friendly etc. Smile
But this game is already very enjoyable as it is Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Candy Boom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Candy Boom   Candy Boom I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Candy Boom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mystery's Games :: Game Development :: Games Created By Forum Members-
Jump to: