Mystery's Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery's Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Small escape the room game

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nigec
Starter
Starter
nigec

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-12-22

A Small escape the room game Empty
PostSubject: A Small escape the room game   A Small escape the room game I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:54 pm

I've done a small escape the room game with Truespace and Awakening; it features AVI textures in a cubic node, AVI animated sequences, 2D nodes, along with Awakening's great adventure game scripts
I'm on writing up a tutorial to how the cubic images and other game assets where done in TS and converted to DDS and how the whole thing came together in Awakening
The tutorial so far is here but there's things I need change as I was writing it as I did the game but quite a lot changed
If anyone is using XP; i need to know if the drawer animation works, I have had issues but I change it so hopefully its ok now
The game is fairly easy, but the intension wasfor it to be small enough to make the tutorial do able Smile

Its totally kiddie friendly Wink

A Small escape the room game Promo
Back to top Go down
Mystery's Games
Game Developer
Game Developer
Mystery's Games

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: A Small escape the room game   A Small escape the room game I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:17 pm

Hi nigec,
Thanks for sharing your game Big Grin

But... where can we get it? Don't Know
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysterys-games.ch
nigec
Starter
Starter
nigec

PostSubject: Re: A Small escape the room game   A Small escape the room game I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:07 am

the link is there, if you click a small escape the room "game"...its very hard to see
or:
http://files.filefront.com/cubicrar/;12942007;/fileinfo.html
or
http://www.nigecstudios.co.uk/awakening/web/cubic.rar

Happy
Back to top Go down
Mystery's Games
Game Developer
Game Developer
Mystery's Games

PostSubject: Re: A Small escape the room game   A Small escape the room game I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:09 am

Thanks, much better Big Grin

Gonna check it tomorrow after work - it's past midnight here Wink

EDIT
So, back home from work, and I'm out! Big Grin
Very nice artwork, phantastic panoramic pics, I really like it! Cheer
Will you create a full game of it?

(Btw, I'm on Vista right now, so I can't tell about XP problems)
Back to top Go down
nigec
Starter
Starter
nigec

PostSubject: Re: A Small escape the room game   A Small escape the room game I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:59 pm

Sorry I've took so long, I've had loads of internet problems Rolling Eyes
Yes I am going to continuie with the projects, I've posted the next Smile
I doubt any will be cubic though, realtime 3D is a lot easier than rendering a load of images, and looks a lot better
the thing I'm really happy about is I can now do multi language support on future games with Awakening, asuming I can get the text file translated lol, up to now I have Dutch and Chinese covered
The next game is going to be a cartoony "who done it?" All 3D, there.s just a bit of a juggling act going on trying to get a healthy balance between file sizes, detail and speed on slow pc's
Back to top Go down
Mystery's Games
Game Developer
Game Developer
Mystery's Games

PostSubject: Re: A Small escape the room game   A Small escape the room game I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 11:59 pm

That's great news Happy
I look forward to your future projects!
Back to top Go down
nigec
Starter
Starter
nigec

PostSubject: Re: A Small escape the room game   A Small escape the room game I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:24 pm

the game I did a few years ago is going to get a total rebuild and in 3D
Handyman Wanted was never how it was intended to be, by time we got to the statue puzzle Lassie was crashing virtually on every third line of code, the whole second part was a quick rethink which I never liked.. just to add insult to injury.. it was to dark on a lot of monitors once it was released..
The horrible slide puzzle is gone, no way was that going back in! the new game will be a lot bigger, better sound and multi language
I've planned to do this ever since its release, but I thought it wasn't worth it, but oddly the game still gets regular hits so I think it deserves another chance Smile
Back to top Go down
Mystery's Games
Game Developer
Game Developer
Mystery's Games

PostSubject: Re: A Small escape the room game   A Small escape the room game I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:00 am

That's great news! Big Grin
Are you working on that right now, or are you going to release another game first and then go back to it?
Back to top Go down
nigec
Starter
Starter
nigec

PostSubject: Re: A Small escape the room game   A Small escape the room game I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:43 am

A Small escape the room game 110
Here's the living room, I'm messing about getting the lights right, for some reason the door frame shadow has gone freaky and I can't see why lol
the first part of the game will be grey scale
Back to top Go down
Mystery's Games
Game Developer
Game Developer
Mystery's Games

PostSubject: Re: A Small escape the room game   A Small escape the room game I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:53 am

Lol, indeed strange shadow LOL 2 And currently the room still looks a bit "foggy".
Good luck on figuring out how to fix it, I know such things can take hours if you're not lucky Computer 2
Btw, since this is probably not the Small Room Escape game, you might want to post a separate thread for the new game. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Small escape the room game   A Small escape the room game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Small escape the room game
Page 1 of 1