Mystery's Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery's Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Discussions About Plug-Ins for Adventure Maker

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lilliputt
Game Developer
Game Developer
Lilliputt

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-01-24

General Discussions About Plug-Ins for Adventure Maker Empty
PostSubject: General Discussions About Plug-Ins for Adventure Maker   General Discussions About Plug-Ins for Adventure Maker I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 12:49 am

Personally I have found some plug-ins very useful. Especially the flash plug-in. At first I just happily crossed it in the project properties of our new game and then found myself pulling my hair because the tiny little movie would keep looping. So it turns out that I had forgotten to cross the "when the frame is loaded remove all flash movies" General Discussions About Plug-Ins for Adventure Maker Blush2 Also, a hint given by Mystery solved my problem as to how to GET to the next frame. The timer works like a charm! Big Grin

So then I thought I would just as happily create my OWN plug-in. Yay, what silly webs we weave Razz I think I made at least five tries until I realized it would be practical to have an ocx file... only.... I hardly understood how to make one. Again, like the happy amateur that I am, off I go to read about OCX. This is where I get lost because one needs to have somewhat an understanding of how scripting works and also to have some idea about what Visual Basic really is. I am putting this on the shelf for a bit until I can drag my brother off his couch to teach me Razz LOL 2
Back to top Go down
Mystery's Games
Game Developer
Game Developer
Mystery's Games

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: General Discussions About Plug-Ins for Adventure Maker   General Discussions About Plug-Ins for Adventure Maker I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 1:16 am

To create OCX, you need an additional/exernal software to create them (most recommended Visual Basic 6 by Microsoft). You can create with the program such an ActiveX control, whereas you'll need some programming knowledge of Visual Basic programming language. The OCX file can be compiled with the help of this additional software.

With the plug-in feature within Adventure Maker, you can create PL1 (or PL2/PL3) plugin files using VBScript. This is what you should start out with.

Further reading on this topic here:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/help/plugins_overview.htm#CREATE

And I'm sure you'll find a lot of resources on the internet, if you are interested in the creation of OCX files.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysterys-games.ch
Lilliputt
Game Developer
Game Developer
Lilliputt

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: General Discussions About Plug-Ins for Adventure Maker   General Discussions About Plug-Ins for Adventure Maker I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 1:24 am

That is how I understood it also, yes, and I have read the link you refer too. Very useful, I must say Smile At the moment I do not have time to concentrate on OCX but as I said I can ask my brother for help some time later on.

I might also try the PL1 (PL2 or PL3). Thanks for that.
As for now, the game is working well without my pityful tries at making a plug in Wink
Back to top Go down
Mystery's Games
Game Developer
Game Developer
Mystery's Games

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: General Discussions About Plug-Ins for Adventure Maker   General Discussions About Plug-Ins for Adventure Maker I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 2:20 am

I see Smile
Hopefully your brother will be able to help you with Visual Basic, in order to create an OCX later on Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysterys-games.ch
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussions About Plug-Ins for Adventure Maker   General Discussions About Plug-Ins for Adventure Maker I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussions About Plug-Ins for Adventure Maker
Page 1 of 1